Sponsors

Orienteering Australia             Trimtex             Icebug Australia             Aussie O Gear             Our JWOC Facebook

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Profile Time!

We've noticed that the boys have been updating the blog, and as much as we love Olle's, um, interesting descriptions and Ian's photos, we thought it was time the girls take over for a bit! Since the boys have covered the events quite well though, we've decided to put together the team profiles so that those following this blog can find out a bit more about the team. :)



Alex Massey (NSW)
Age: 20
Years in JWOC: 1
Favourite elite orienteer: Josh Blatchford
Sprint, Middle or Long?: Long
Long run, hills or intervals?: Hills
Danish, Swedish or Finnish girls?: Finnish
Longest ever split time: 28mins
When I'm not orienteering I am... running
Best orienteering pick up line: "I want to navigate my way around you"
Favourite catch phrase: "I don't know"
Aim at JWOC 2012: top half




Lilian Burrill (Qld)
Age: 20
Years in JWOC:4
Favourite elite orienteer: Glennie Nottle
Sprint, Middle or Long?: Middle 
Long run, hills or intervals?: Hills
Buff, lean or in between?: in between
Longest ever split time: I don't want to think about it...
When I'm not orienteering I am... studying at uni and working at an Irish pub
Best orienteering pick up line: "Can I see your SI stick?"
Favourite catch phrase: "oh, Oscar" (shakes head)
Aim at JWOC 2012: Enjoy my last JWOC and maintain complete focus during middle




Kas Gregory (NSW)
 Age:19
Years in JWOC: 1
Favourite elite orienteer: Ane Linde
Sprint, Middle or Long?: middle - in the hope of a good run tomorrow
Long run, hills or intervals?: Hills
Danish, Swedish or Finnish girls?: 3 Danes and 2 Finns
Longest ever split time: 1 hour+ ish, unless you count Catching Features which is 2 hours (catching features time) 
When I'm not orienteering I am... living without purpose
Best orienteering pick up line: "what's ya number?"
Favourite catch phrase: "How you doin?"
Aim at JWOC 2012: Clean runs, and be injury free by the relay and win the beer mile




Amy Buckerfield (Tas)

 Age:19
Years in JWOC: 1
Favourite elite orienteer: Sarah Buckerfield
Sprint, Middle or Long?: Long
Long run, hills or intervals?: Hills
Buff, lean or in between?: in between
Longest ever split time: about 50 mins
When I'm not orienteering I am... swimming across a lake singing
Best orienteering pick up line: "I like the way you move... in the forest"
Favourite catch phrase: *massive gasp of anticipation*
Aim at JWOC 2012: Not get distracted by the really fast girls 




'Yan' Lawford (ACT/Sweden)
 Age:19
Years in JWOC: 3
Favourite elite orienteer: Oscar McNulty
Sprint, Middle or Long?: Long
Long run, hills or intervals?: Long run
Danish, Swedish or Finnish girls?: Finnish
Longest ever split time: don't know
When I'm not orienteering I am... picking up ;)
Best orienteering pick up line: "I like your body contours"
Favourite catch phrase: "rookie error"
Aim at JWOC 2012: Top 20 result. All top 10 lists




Heather Muir (Qld)
 
Age:18
Years in JWOC: 1
Favourite elite orienteer: Rachael Effeney
Sprint, Middle or Long?: can't decide - like them all
Long run, hills or intervals?: Intervals
Buff, lean or in between?: In between
Longest ever split time: 30mins at Cascades
When I'm not orienteering I am... being super cool and studying
Best orienteering pick up line: "Trenujem Delfinov" - Slovak for I'm a dolfin (Dolphin - nice spelling girls!) trainer
Favourite catch phrase: "rightio"
Aim at JWOC 2012: To see where I'm at against the others and improve for next year




Michele Dawson (NSW)
 Age:18
Years in JWOC: 1
Favourite elite orienteer: Julian Dent
Sprint, Middle or Long?: Middle
Long run, hills or intervals?: Hills
Buff, lean or in between?: in between
Longest ever split time: about an hour
When I'm not orienteering I am... at school
Best orienteering pick up line: "My compass is pointing north, but I want to head in your direction."
Favourite catch phrase: "um"
Aim at JWOC 2012: To enjoy and learn from the experience




Oscar McNulty (WA/Sydney)
 Age: 17
Years in JWOC: 2
Favourite elite orienteer: 'Yan' Lawford
Sprint, Middle or Long?: Sprint
Long run, hills or intervals?: Intervals
Danish, Swedish or Finnish girls?: 1/3 of each please
Longest ever split time: don't know
When I'm not orienteering I am... taking a shower
Best orienteering pick up line: "what number are you looking for, 'cause I'm looking for yours" (when on the course)
Favourite catch phrase: "Oh, Lilian" (rolls eyes)
Aim at JWOC 2012: To improve on last year's results




Brodie Nankervis (Tas)
 Age:17
Years in JWOC: 1
Favourite elite orienteer: Glennie Nottle
Sprint, Middle or Long?: Long
Long run, hills or intervals?: Long run
Danish, Swedish or Finnish girls?: Danish
Longest ever split time: 66 mins - Easter long race
When I'm not orienteering I am... recieving massages and making sandwiches
Best orienteering pick up line: "you're... um.... good at orienteering. No one uses pick-up lines!"
Favourite catch phrase: "Filthy"
Aim at JWOC 2012: Experience competition for future JWOCs




Olle Poland (ACT)
 Age: 17
Years in JWOC: 3
Favourite elite orienteer: Olav Lundenes
Sprint, Middle or Long?: middle
Long run, hills or intervals?: Hills
Danish, Swedish or Finnish girls?: Danish
Longest ever split time: 5 mins
When I'm not orienteering I am... playing Catching Features
Best orienteering pick up line: she says- "How was your run?"
I say - "Not so great, I got lost... in your eyes"
Favourite catch phrase: "I'm so ridiculously good looking" *Zoolander face*
Aim at JWOC 2012: Top 20 in middle




---- the girls ------

2 comments:

Belinda Lawford said...

haha that's awesome. you should also post your actual profiles (maybe not the boys) and top10s :)

Md. Golam Rabbani said...

Awesome just awesome article. I think this article may help my friend also that’s why I just share this article with my facebook. I am a regular reader of this blog. I learn a lot from your writing. Once again want to tell you good job. Thank you.
My site: AVOWBD